New? Start Here
(Last updated: 9/24/17)
The Television Podcastulacra is a weekly(ish) conversation about television, in which an English major (Robby) and an amateur audio engineer (J.) discuss television. New episodes are (generally) recorded Tuesday nights, and are (generally) posted Wednesdays.
Topics include general television news and happenings, though not often regarding the same shows discussed endlessly elsewhere online (like Westworld, The Walking Dead, Girls, etc.). Our main point of focus during the regular television season in the CBS procedural Elementary, which we started covering as a lark and ended up fascinated by. We talk about each new episode while the show is in season.
Beginning with episode five, the show also began to look at "retro" shows, series that have ended their runs that Robby and J. are watching from the beginning in sequence. We cycle through shows as we go through, episode by episode. We tend to cover two shows at once, alternating each week. To date, shows covered in total are:
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (began in episode 7, ended in episode 133)
- LOST (eps. 9 - 94)
- Veronica Mars (eps. 97 - 142)
- Battlestar Galactica (eps. 144 - 194)
- Star Trek: Enterprise (eps. 135 - 199)
- Kings (eps. 196, 198, 201, and 203)
- The River (eps. 205 and 207)
- The X-Files (eps. 8 - 22; abandoned midway through season 1)
- Wonderfalls (209, 211, 213, 215, 217)
- Flashforward (220, 222, 224; abandoned because it's terrible)
- Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (226, 228, 230, 232, 234, 237, 239)
- The Prisoner (242, 244, 246, 248, 250, 252)
- Freaks and Geeks (254, 256, 258, 260, 262, 264)
- Clerks: The Animated Series (266)
- The Cape (268, 270, 273)
- Star Trek: The Next Generation (eps. 202 - present)
- Greg the Bunny (episode 274)
Robby is an English major who reviews Glee at the English Major Glee Reviews blog.
Robby's five favorite all-time TV shows:
- The Dick Van Dyke Show
- Star Trek: The Next Generation
- The Twilight Zone
J. is a (former) audio engineering major turned software developer who sporadically blogs about television at The Cold Open, and used to contribute to This Was Television. He is on Twitter at EvilGenius815, though he doesn't use it well.
J.'s five favorite all-time shows:
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Mad Men
- BoJack Horseman
- The West Wing
You can reach the podcast by email at email@example.com.